- YENNENGA POST-PRODUCTION is an initiative by FESPACO to provide support and assistance for African films in post-production phase.It is intended for African directors, male and female, in their first or second debut feature film project (fictional or documentary) in finishing phase.
The purpose of YENNENGA POST-PRODUCTION is to:
- Provide concrete assistance for the completion of African films;
- Offer producers and directors the opportunity to present their films still in production phase to cinema professionals and international distributors in order to facilitate post-production; and
- Promote coproduction partnerships and access to the international market (distributions, sales, etc.)
DESCRIPTION OF YENNENGA POST-PRODUCTION
YENNENGA POST-PRODUCTION consists of:
Four (4) days of workshops and master classes on editing, calibration, musical composition, special effects, distribution, etc.).
Networking sessions and meetings for directors and producers to interact with professionals.
- Tailored support through individual or collective consultations. On a need basis, promotors of post-production films will be assisted in editing or receive guidance on dressing and film finishing options, as well as advice on international distribution
Following screening of excerpts from the selected films, an amount of time will be given to directors to present their projects to the jury.
Only accredited professionals, i.e., producers, distributors, operators, buyers, festival programmers, institutional representatives and other guests invited in advance by Festival Management, will have access to the screenings
Date and venue
The first edition of YENNENGA POST-PRODUCTION workshop will take place from 16 to 20 October 2021 along the 27th Edition of FESPACO in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
The jury will be made up of cinema professionals with extensive experience and proven skills. It shall be sovereign in its decisions